When we talk about injectables we refer to specific substances that can be injected into the skin utilizing very thin needles, and to rectify certain skin concerns or conditions.
Widely used in cosmetic surgery, injectables are of many different types and offer a safer, more comfortable, and less invasive way to address and treat skin issues without more aggressive cosmetic surgery procedures.
These are the main substances used in injectables:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: This is a compound that occurs naturally in human bones.
- Hyaluronic acid: This is a natural substance that is found in tissues and fluids of our body.
- Polyalkylimide: This is a clear gel that, while not being naturally produced by our body, is fully compatible with it.
- Polylactic acid: This substance helps promote the skin’s natural production of collagen.
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA): This is a semi-permanent filler.