By far, the number one reason why a client who truly wants to get a facelift but isn’t yet willing to go through with it is time.
A conventional facelift operation can provide dramatic aesthetic results, but it also generally requires three to five weeks of recovery. In today’s busy world, a lot of people just can’t justify taking that much time away from work or family responsibilities.
But what if we said that you could have your facelift, then be back to almost all of your regular activities in the span of only about a week, instead of a full month or longer?
It sounds too good to be true, but it isn’t. That’s what the modified facelift is for, and it offers our clients a spectacular “middle” option that can give you a fresh look with less pain, less inconvenience, and about 75% faster recovery.
This procedure uses advanced techniques to achieve great results with only minimal incisions. A pair of S-shaped incisions are made around the ears, but not as deep as with a “full” facelift.
A less invasive procedure means less pain, faster healing, less scarring, and lower risk of infections or other complications. It also means the procedure does not require a drainage tube to be left in for a few days afterward—and that’s a huge relief for many of our clients.
You’ll still need to come back for a follow-up appointment a couple of days after surgery to check on your healing, and then again after about a week to remove the sutures. But at that point, if you got a modified facelift, your recovery period should be effectively complete, or very nearly so. Whereas if you got a conventional facelift, you will be dealing with some residual pain, swelling, and activity modifications for several more weeks as the surgical site continues to heal.
DO I EVEN NEED SURGERY AT ALL? DO I HAVE OTHER OPTIONS?
It’s important to understand that there’s a wide range of products, services, and procedures available that can help you deal with the visible signs of aging in your face, and make you look brighter, younger, healthier, and more energetic. And most of them are non-surgical! The spectrum runs from anti-aging skin care creams on one end to a full surgical facelift on the other, with lots of stops along the way.
The types of questions you have to ask yourself include:
- What kind of results am I looking for? Do I just want to lessen the appearance of some wrinkles and lines? Add volume in certain areas? Or make substantial changes?
- How long do I need the results to last before returning for a follow-up procedure?
- How much downtime after the procedure am I prepared to cope with?
Examples of procedures you may consider if you’re looking for a more youthful facial appearance include:
- Anti-aging skin care products, including from our own branded line, which can help improve skin brightness and texture, increase firmness, and reduce the appearance of blemishes like uneven color tone, wrinkles, lines, and pores.
- Laser skin tightening, which uses laser energy to stimulate collagen production, leading to the creation of tighter, more elastic, and more youthful-looking skin.
- Anti-aging injections, which use a neuromodulator to temporarily block small facial muscle movements, smoothing out existing lines.
- Dermal fillers like Restylane, which can add lift and volume to certain areas while smoothing out facial wrinkles and folds.
- Chemical peels, which remove the top layers of damaged skin to allow smoother skin to grow back and take its place.
- The modified facelift described above, which delivers dramatic results comparable to a full facelift but with much faster recovery than a full facelift.
- A full facelift, which has a longer recovery time than the modified procedure but may be more effective in certain areas of the face, and also may have longer-lasting results.
LET US HELP BRING OUT THE REAL YOU!
Just seeing a list of some of the choices available to you can be intimidating. But here’s something that may reassure you. You don’t have to know exactly what you want before your consultation. Dr. Learn is here to help you answer those questions, understand what you truly want, and then recommend the best approach to suit your needs.
The good news is, for the vast majority of clients, a non-invasive or minimally invasive procedure will give them the dramatic results they’re looking for with just one week of recovery time or less.
Are you ready for your consultation? We’d love to help! Just give us a call at (954) 380-8411 or connect with us online to get started.